This article will cover:

Does Trusted offer extended leave?

Trusted Health happily complies with the Family and Medical Leave Act, the California Family Rights Act, and the New Parent Leave Act (for those working in California), and any applicable state and local laws governing extended leave policies. To be eligible to take extended leave, you must meet both of the following requirements:

  • Worked for Trusted Health for at least 12 months within the last 7 years

  • Worked for Trusted Health for at least 1250 hours within the last 7 years

  • Currently work at a location where there are at least 50 employees within 75 miles (there’s an exception if you work in California; you must currently work at a location where there are at least 20 employees within 75 miles)

AND have one of the following reasons:

  • Birth of your child or bonding with your newborn

  • Bonding with your new adopted or foster child

  • Caring for an immediate family member with a serious health condition

  • Suffering from a serious health condition that makes you unable to perform your job

  • Caring for a current service member of the Armed Forces who’s incurred injury or illness in the line of duty and is undergoing medical treatment

  • Caring for a veteran discharged under “other than dishonorable” conditions and is undergoing medical treatment

  • Handling “qualifying exigencies” - certain arrangements (i.e. financial, legal, childcare) made because your spouse, child, or parent has received a federal call to active duty

For some situations, if you are not eligible for any type of leave as stated above, you may have the option to apply for short-term disability in your state (if applicable) and can also remain on Trusted's benefits by enrolling in COBRA.

To the extent required by law, we’ll inform you of your eligibility for FMLA/CFRA/NPLA leave as well as your rights and responsibilities, and we’ll notify you of any additional information required.

How can I request extended leave?

If the reason for your extended leave is foreseeable, then you’ll need to notify your facility supervisor and Trusted Health as well as provide documentation related to your leave at least 30 days in advance.

If the reason for your extended leave is not foreseeable, then you will need to provide notice and documentation as soon as possible. Requested documentation may include, but is not limited to:

  • Medical certification of your (or your immediate family member’s) serious health condition

  • Military documentation indicating your (or your immediate family member’s) status and dates of active duty

  • Periodic reports (if deemed appropriate) with status updates and intent to return to work

Please keep in mind that this article is a summarized and simplified version of the information on our family and medical leave policy contained in the Trusted Handbook. You can review a summary of eligibility here.

If you experience a situation that may require you to take extended leave, reach out to Trusted Health and your facility supervisor ASAP!

For more information:

  • For more information, check out the Trusted Handbook in this article.

Did this answer your question?