Travel nurses are able to receive tax-free reimbursements (in the form of stipends that are paid per shift worked) if they qualify. 

To qualify for tax-free reimbursements, just follow the guidelines of maintaining a tax home. The tax-free reimbursements are given to you to help cover housing and meals and incidentals as you travel away from your home.

Not sure if you have a tax-home or if you qualify for these reimbursements?  

We understand, this is a complicated topic that doesn't have a one size fits all answer. 

Since we are not tax experts, we can't give you a definitive answer. But we do have an awesome blog that goes over taxes and tax homes which we recommend reading. It’s also a great idea to find a tax expert you like to help guide you on this!

Here is a link to the Trusted Guide to Tax-Homes.

Did this answer your question?